TICKETS FOR THE 2022 HALL OF FAME INDUCTION
As we move toward the August long weekend, it is time to start making plans once the summer is over (sorry to give you the bad news). We hope these plans will include attending the 2022 Manitoba Lacrosse Hall of Fame Induction. The induction will be on Sunday, October 2 at the Canad Inn Garden City Hotel.
The selection committee has chosen worthy slate of inductees:
- Eric Abbott- revived minor lacrosse in the 1940'2
- Bruce Paton-long time box lacrosse official
- Terry Ross- coach/ organizer of the high school field lacrosse
- Sam Simcoff- re-introduced lacrosse to North Winnipeg in the '60's
- Lovoro Paulic- coach/ organizer of Thompson lacrosse
- Ron Henley- coach/ organizer/ official from 190- 1960's
- Jim Thompson- considered the best goalie in 1960-1980's
- Kim Ridd- power forward winning numerous senior championships
- Dave Stonoga- sniper/ play maker with Nor' Westers in the 1970's & '80's
- Lionel Merrick- won 3 city championships in one season
- Ken Williams- outstanding goal tender for over 25 years
- Mark Flynn- scoring sensation, selected to the Minto Cup team as a 17 year old
- Charlie Sabo- one of the best goal scorers to come out of the west end
- George "Jeep" Wooley- outstanding defensive player/ top 10 scorer
- Lorne Christianson- goal scorer who lead Manitoba to Minto Cup victories
- Glen Christianson- pure shooter who scored when the game was on the line
- Al Smallwood- Nature leader selected to play in the Minto Cup as a 17 year old
- 1920'S Tammany Tigers- competed in three Mann Cup finals
- 1995 NAIG Team- winners of the Gold Medal
To learn more about these worthy inductees, click on the Announcement section of our web site.
If you wish to attend our gala event contact Glen Henkewich to order your tickets. Tickets are $45.00 which includes a hot buffet lunch.
So make your travel arrangements, purchase your tickets, hook up with old team mates and plan for a fun weekend celebrating Manitoba lacrosse legends.
Reminder that there will be a Meet and Greet Saturday Night, October 1, at the Tavern at the Garden City Inn starting at 7:00 PM. This is an opportunity to meet the inductees and to catch up with your old lacrosse buddies. Admission is free with a cash bar.